Friday, October 17, 2014

Story Warren - Playing Favorites: The Napping House

"Not all of them are the same.  And as much as I try to hide it, I play favorites.

When my little one brings over a book to read at bedtime, I admit it, sometimes it’s hard to suppress the cringe.

Not all bedtime books are created equal.

Surely you feel the same way…right?  I mean, we all love you, Amelia Bedelia, but if I have to read about you more than twice in a week, it kinda makes me crazy.

There are a few books, though, that I don’t mind reading over and over again.  And my children can tell.

The Napping House by Audrey Wood is my favorite children’s book.  It is a joy to read.  The book’s artwork is rich and playfully detailed.  The text is lyrical and descriptive."
To read more, check out my Story Warren post, Playing Favorites: The Napping House.

Enjoy!

Grace and Peace,
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment